Hunger can affect everyone or anyone. It is a serious problem that can cause a negative impact on an individual’s health. Do you want to fight hunger while helping kids at the same time? Join us and let’s help them get healthy by providing them the food that is essential for their growth.
World hunger statistics (www.worldhunger.org and www.wfp.org):
- There are approximately 3.1 million children dying from hunger each year.
- In 2011, poor nutrition affects nearly half of deaths in children (45%) under the age of five
- 3 million children under the age of five died in 2013 due to hunger, nearly 17,000 every day.
- 66 million primary school age children across the developing world attend their classes hungry.
- Asia is the continent with the most number of people experiencing hunger, with the problem affecting about two-thirds of the total population.
- 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy and active life. It’s about one in nine people on Earth.
- The huge majority of the world’s hungry people live in progressing countries, where 12.9 percent of the population is starving.